2018/19 Work Programme Development
SISCC is funded to strengthen the evidence-base for large-scale sustainable change working with universities and health and social care organisations across Scotland.
To date the focus of our research has been around our five research themes: Behaviour Change, Capacity & Capability, Context, Improvement Methods and Spread & Sustainability and the evaluation of our large-scale projects:
- Evidence-into-Practice - evaluate the changes in practice around breastfeeding and kangaroo care in neonatal units;
- Knowledge Into Action At Scale - examination of the influence of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) on behaviour and practice change;
- Safer prescribing in primary care - evaluation of an informatics tool and role of community pharmacists in polypharmacy reviews.
At the end of 2017, we began to engage with practitioners and academics to influence the design of our 2018-19 work programme and held a call for proposals from 3rd January 2018 - 31st March 2018.
The aim of this exercise was to identify projects that compliments SISCC's funding objectives and prioritisation criteria:
The maximum funding available for new proposals is £35,000 and had to be completed within a 12 month timeframe.
2018/19 submission process
Under this specific call for the 2018/19 Work Programme - there were two routes to submission: Outline Proposal (expression of an idea) or fully-costed Research Proposal.
The aim of the Outline Proposal stage was to provide an opportunity for practitioners in health and social care to work with the SISCC Executive Group to develop their idea or challenge into a fully costed Research Proposal.
The timelines for the 2018-19 work programme were:
- Call for outline proposals: 3rd – 26th January 2018
- Research proposals developed and submitted: 31st March 2018
- SISCC Executive Group prioritisation exercise: end April 2018
- Prioritised proposals submitted to the SISCC Strategic Steering Group: 28th June 2018
- Successful projects notified: August 2018
The Outline Proposal Form and Research Proposal Form are available at the end of this webpage.
2018/19 Prioritisation process
All research proposals submitted by the 31st March 2018 were reviewed and prioritised by the SISCC Executive Group before the end of April 2018.
Proposals were assessed against the SISCC funding objectives and prioritisation criteria above and prioritised accordingly for review by the SISCC Strategic Steering Group.
If you would like any more information about the 2018/19 process please contact Dr Nicola Gray, Associate Director (Programmes & Evaluation) or Julie Anderson, Associate Director (Partnerships & Engagement) on 01382 388527.